I love pickles!!!
Crunchy, cool and with those earthy smoked and exotic flavors. Pickles aren’t just an awesome compliment to the taste of nearly any meal but they are also an excellent source of fiber and they moderate your appetite in a healthy way.
Here is my Ultimate Pickle Recipe. There is quite a bit here you might not have so I will first list the necessary ingredients then all the optional ones that make it “Ultimate”
- Take your pickling cucumbers and put them in your pickle jar. ( This time I used Japanese pickles but any little cucumbers will do.
- Then fill the pickle jar with water to about 85% full with the pickles still inside.
- Take the water from the pickle jar and put it into your blender.
We did this so we can know how much water we are working with. Now we can start adding all the other ingredients to the water in the blender to make the ultimate Pickling Juice!
- 5 cups of water (Bottled water is preferable)
- 10 cups of Sea Salt (For every 5 cups of water add a tablespoon of salt. My pickle jar held 5 cups of water so I added 10 cups of Salt)
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 1/4 cup of onions
Above are the base ingredients, now here is my special Pickling Spice Recipe that really gives it that pickle flavor. You can buy Pickling seeds/Spice already made as well. Use what you have. If you are missing things it will still taste great!
Just throw it all into the water in the blender
- 1 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar ( Any vinegar will do but Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar is my current favorite )
- 2 tbsp of Braggs Essential Aminos (Braggs will add protein and a nice soy Sauce flavor,. Nama Shoyu Raw Soy Sauce is also great )
- 1/2 tsp of Tumeric
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seed
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cumin – Cumin adds an amazing taste and is a principal ingredient in curry. It has so many special health benefits it deserves its own article.
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Cilantro Leaf
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Peppercorn ( any pepper will do)
- 1 tbsp Ginger root or 1 tsp Ginger powder
- 3 Bay Leaves – Adds Crunchiness
After you have throw that into the blender you are ready to blend it all together and pour it into the jar or you can go for major extra credit and use these secret ingredients to go for “Ultimate Pickles”
- 1/2 tsp Maca – A potent Aphrodisiac made from a South American Root
- 1/2 tsp Mesquite – Used mostly in BBQ! Sauce Mesquite has all the essential minerals and adds an awesome Earthy flavor.
- 1/2 tsp Sea Kelp – Sea Weed rocks and it adds a special flavor and nutrients
- 1 tsp Gen Mai Chai Green Tea Leaves – The smoked brown rice flavor of Gen Mai Chai is just excellent and the Green Tea gives the pickles a energy boosting effect as well!
Just Blend it all up, pour it into the pickle jar and put it in the fridge for 3 days.
You can keep using this amazing juice over and over again with new cucumbers and whatever else you want to pickle. Mine lasted about two months before it started going bad. The Salt and Vinegar act as natural perservatives.
Enjoy the amazing taste and feel the energy you get from these Pickles, Ultimate Pickles 😉