I resisted having breakfast for so long. The result?
I never had enough energy to make it through the day, so I would hardly make it to the gym after a long day of work. Even when I did drag myself to the gym it was a half baked workout and I hardly ever did cardio. Even worse was because I did not have the right breakfast my body would go crazy with hunger at night and I would attack any and all carbs. This is the worst time to eat carbs as it all goes to your belly fat. As you can see not having breakfast gets you twice and it is a vicious cycle.
Enough tough love. Lets get to it. The cure is the right breakfast.
What makes Awesome Oats so awesome?
- Energy for the entire day. For work, the gym and family
- Helps you a void the big lunch 2:00 crash trap
- Not to crave carbs at night and thus be one step closer to a six pack
- It tastes like a delicious dessert. Having a sweet treat to wake up to makes waking up early easier.
Can you commit to Breakfast ?
You have heard it a 1000 times “BREAKFAST IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY” And you have also heard it from your mouth and others “But I don’t have time for breakfast!” YES YOU DO! If you are not willing to try this for a week, then just give up ever losing the weight, having a six pack or looking your best. That’s right, this first step is so simple and easy and important that if you cannot commit to it for a week then just close your browser right now and head over to Krispy Kreme.
The Awesome Oats ingredients are
- Steel cut Oatmeal ( instant is ok but steel cut is best )
- Chia Seed Powder or whole chia seeds
- Protein powder ( any will do, my current favorite is Sun Warrior Raw Vegan Protein Powder )
- Natural Sweeteners – Raw Honey tastes great but if you want to go for extra credit and avoid all sugar and fructose then try Stevia or Yacon syrup
- Peanut butter (high protein, low fat) – if you want to lose weight fast then lose the peanut butter
- Berries – I use blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. Sometimes I even add the magical Goji berries.
This is one of the tastiest and heartiest meals you can imagine. The peanut butter adds a rich flavor, combined with the hearty texture of the oats, sweetness of the honey and freshness of the berries.. It is like having desert in the morning!
Lets take a closer look at each of the ingredients
- Steel cut oatmeal is the best kind of Oats available. They have the highest protein to carb ratio. Steel cut oats have more protein then regular oats and better more complex carbs, thus more sustained energy throughout the day and it will keep you lean!
- Chia Seeds are an Aztec Superfood. They are loaded with antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids and fiber. They go great with Steel Cut Oats and really infuse it with vitamins and minerals. Chia seeds are great for athletes because they are highly hydrophilic, meaning they can absorb large amounts of water. They can hold 10 times their weight in water making them a great enhancer in hydrating our bodies. Studies show that eating Chia seed slows down how fast our bodies convert carbohydrate calories into simple sugars. Scientists to believe that the chia seed may have great benefits for diabetics but they also have great benefits for people just trying to lose weight as the sugars and carbs you consume will go into your blood slower, which means less of them get converted into fats and more prolonged energy.
- Peanut butter is an excellent source of good fats, protein and it tastes great. Your body need good fats. If you don’t have them then your body will crave fat and you will probably eat the bad kind. Eat good fats and get leaner. The omega 3 fatty acids in peanut butter help you think better as well. Even better is that eating fats early in the morning won’t hurt you! It gets burned up right away because your body wakes up in starvation mode and burns all fats, carbs and sugar. Another bonus! You won’t crave the fats, carbs and sugars at night because you already had them. That is willpower management 101 and a critical step to mentally sustain this good eating habits. Six pack here you come! If you want to lose weight really fast then skip the peanut butter or replace it with sesame seeds.
- Protein powder is optional. I like it because it helps me maintain my muscle weight. Even if you are not a muscular person it is a great thing because when you wake up your body is starved for protein and giving it to your body first thing in the morning helps to speed up your metabolism and thus burn fat the entire day! You will also maintain more lean muscle which also helps to burn fat. Any protein powder will do, just pick one with low sugar.
- Honey is amazing food. The Spartan warriors thought it made them fight harder and no one can argue with their ferocity in battle, think 300. Raw honey is the best kind if you can find it. The natural sugar in honey will give you a boost of energy in the morning when you need it and keep your mind sharp. Having sugar in the morning is great because it satisfies your sweet tooth and thus saves your willpower for other things, like work. Also your body will burn up all sugar eaten in the morning, thus no guilt.
- Berries make anything taste even better and they are great for you. At the expense of a little sucrose you get Anti oxidants, vitamins, minerals, and that fresh burst of flavor in your mouth to begin your day. Blackberries are a little known super food. Goji berries have been used in Chinese medicine for centuries.
A Dish best served Raw.
I prefer to have this dish RAW. This means just soak the chia seeds and steel cut oats in water for at least an hour, over night is best. They will be easily chewable and taste even better to me.
The benefits of having Steel Cut Oats raw
- You will get maximum nutrition out of all ingredients as there will be no heat to damage the minerals, vitamins or deform the proteins
- You won’t get that little energy hit you get after eating. Your digestive track was created to digest raw foods, cooked foods just muck things up.
- Save time and energy cooking and reheating.
How to Cook Steel Cut Oats
If you just can’t do the raw thing, then feel free to cook them in a pot or just
- Put the steel cut oats in a pot with twice as much water, bring to a boil, then let simmer for a half hour, less if you soaked them in water overnight. They take a while to cook so leave a three day supply to soak in water overnight. Then cook it in the morning and save the rest in tupper ware for the rest of the weak. Cook once, eat all week! OR you can use your Rice Cooker to cook your oatmeal
- Mix in the peanut butter, protein powder and honey.
- Throw some berries on top.
Eat it on the spot, save some for the next day or throw it in some Tupperware and scoop it on your commute to work.
Do this for a week and you will be amazed at how you lived without it. I guarantee you will never go back to a life without Amazing Oats. If you miss it even for one day you will be shocked at your lack of energy and lower will power. It is that amazing. In a month you will notice weight loss as your metabolism will rise and you will be more active, thus burning fat at double the rate. This really works and is the single most meal in the war against belly fat.
Try it and comment back after a week. I want to hear some success stories.