As a fat nerdy boy in high school I would just dream of looking like a bodybuilder.
To me they were mythic figures, dream induced images of my Special Ed Gym class snooze sessions.
The topic of steroids started heating up around that time. I was surprised to learn that steroids was about more than just muscles. There was sickness, death, the threat of arrest and cheating athletes. I didn’t know what to think.
When I had my awakening and began training I started to notice the huge guys at the gym more and more. One day I actually spoke to one of them. I was surprised to see that they were not so scary or mean, just wary of disrespectful people. I asked them questions nicely and they answered. The first one was “how do you guys get so big and I never see you working out hard?” They would just laugh and then talk to me about the pillars of bodybuilding, lift heavy, eat more than you can possibly handle and rest. I took their advice and got much bigger but no where near their size.
After ten years of training I finally figured it all out, yet I am still learning. Many readers and friends have asked me about steroids. My experience buying legal pro hormones at the vitamin store fell just a bit short of expert status so I sat down did my research. After a few days of that I got up and quizzed the gym rats again. This time I knew what questions to really ask and how to speak to them. I got some awesome answers.
What I learned has really shocked me. Doing all the research left me so exhausted that I had to keep an open mind or risk falling asleep. You don’t have to be interested in ever using steroids to be educated about them. Steroids effect so much of our lives, from sports to popular folklore to life saving medical treatments, lets learn about them.
I have split all this research into three articles to make it easier to digest.
- The Science of Steroids
- Testosterone, The Granddaddy of Steroids
- The Benefits of Anabolic Steroids
- The Medical Uses of Anabolic Steroids
- Steroids for Women ?
- Steroids are Not for Teens
- Steroids for Older Men
- How you can Legally get Steroids
- What do Steroids Look Like?
- The Political Time Line of Steroids
- How Androgenic Anabolic Steroids became as Illegal as Narcotics
- What the Doctors had to Say
- The Politicians Strike Back
- Fairness in Sports
I hope they answer some questions. The research on this topic really tested me, especially the Ugly Truth about Steroids. That took some major digging. Many Thanks to Rick Collins for writing Legal Muscle. Once I found it, it made things much simpler.
Further Reading on Androgenic Anabolic Steroids
- Legal Muscle by Rick Collins JD – Rick Collins is a attorney who specializes in Androgenic Anabolic Steroid cases. He was also a former bodybuilder and is has seen the entire industry change. He is the worlds foremost legal expert on steroids and his first hand experiencing with them makes him someone to listen too. I own Legal Muscle and have used it often in my research.
- Molecular Nutrition Anabolics by William Llewellyn – This is an excellent 800 page handbook that details all the AAS and all other drugs used by athletes for competition. Your head will spin as you read this book. You will begin to realize the deep science of modern athletic achievement. AAS are just kiddie vitamins compared to the things athletes do on a regular basis now.