Recycling is good for the planet.
We all know this yet it is not enough to get most of us to care enough to take real action. So here are some easy, practical and money saving ways to recycle that you will love.
Reuse Glass & Plastic jars from products you buy as
- Pickle Jars
- Sauce Jars
- Glass Drink bottles
- Plastic Coconut Oil jugs
- Any jar or container with a wide enough opening to easily pour liquids into it can be reused.
Reuse Glass Jars as
- Glasses for drinking water and teas
- Storing small fruits such as dates, cumquats and prunes all bought from the farmers market
- Holding sauces such as my curry, teriyaki, marinara and Egyptian garlic sauce recipes
Reuse Plastic Jars as
- Storing my protein smoothies and shakes
- Storing anything that I might want to take on the road – Plastic won’t break as easily when transported
- As potted plant holders, the bigger the plastic jug the better
Simple Recycling Tips
- Always ask for paper bags when you go shopping. Paper is fully biodegradable where as plastic is not.
- Even better bring your own cloth bag when you go shopping.. This way you won’t have to take paper or plastic.
- Try and favor buying recycled products