Sit ups and crunches will NOT give you a sick pack abs or a washboard stomach.
Why then does the entire weight loss industry talk about doing situps and crunches to get a six pack? Why do they keep trying to sell us silly ab rolling machines and all kinds of other weird gadgets like the thigh master etc..
The Lie Of Spot Fat Reduction.
What is spot fat reduction? It is the idea that working out a particular area will cause the fat to be burned away at that area.
- Sit ups and crunches to remove belly fat MYTH
- Thigh exercises to remove fat around the thighs MYTH
This has wasted so much of peoples time and money it is tragic. The human body does not burn away fat in any one area faster than another area. Otherwise you would see men walking around with a six pack and big sagging man boobs. Ever see that?
Truth: The human body burns fat away at an equal rate all over the body.
Thus the only way to get a six pack is to stop the sit ups and learn how to burn away all the fat by EATING RIGHT.
You should only workout your stomach if
- You already have a lean stomach/ six pack from eating properly and want to make it look sharper
- You want a stronger midsection, which is a good thing as core power makes you very strong in general
- You are a fighter and want to withstand taking punches to the midsection
What they will do is make your abdominal muscles stronger. They might also make them bigger and your waist will get a little bigger.
Yes, crunches and sit ups might actually make your waist a bit bigger. Sounds crazy huh?
It’s the truth and you won’t ever see your abs unless you eliminate your stomach fat.