Farmers markets are the best and most fun way to get the freshest all natural groceries.
Every time you shop at your local farmers market you
- Get the freshest food available. From their fields into their pickup truck to your table!
- See how people shopped for food before the rise of the big business food industry
- Support small local farmers dedicated to growing the best organic food available
- Can pick and choose from the best raw foods available. Raw milk, raw cheese, raw honey etc..
- Say no to the rampant animal cruelty in the beef and chicken industry by supporting ranchers who raise open range and grass fed cattle only.
- Meet awesome health mind people and some very beautiful ladies who are in great moods shopping for their favorite foods. Think the laundromat but much better!
What can you find at a Farmers Market that you can’t find at your super market?
- 100% Organic foods. Food labeled as organic in supermarkets is often not organic. The big food companies know how to get around that. The local farmers take pride in their goods and you can ask the farmer themselves about their farming practices .
- Raw milk, cheeses and dairy. All diary found in supermarkets is pasteurized. Pasteurized milk and dairy is one of the worst things yo can eat. It might sound outlandish but the research speaks for itself. Read my article about the dangers of milk, which include pus, steroids, antiobiotics, pesticide resides and more.
- Open range and grass fed beef , chicken and meats. That’s just good karma.
Tips for going to the Farmers Market
- Bring Cash. The farmers are not big business so they don’t take credit cards
- Bring your own bags. Farmers markets don’t have shopping baskets. Any nice big cloth bag will do and some little plastic ones for holding vegetables and fruits. You will help the environment by not collecting more plastic bags
- Talk to the farmers. They are real people and are quite pleasant. The more they get to know you the more of chance you and them can work out special deals. If you want to buy alot of milk or meat for example they cold give yo bulk discounts or even deliver.
- Smile. I’ve made alot of cool friends at the farmers market, including some of the most lovely ladies 🙂
Here is how to find your local farmers market
- List of farmers markets in New York City
- Los Angeles residents check this LA farmer market list and farmers market LA list
- Everyone else try this Nationwide Farmers Market Search
They are popping up all over the place and one might be closer to you than you think! Have fun.