For many people, exercising actually makes it harder for them to lose weight.
Ask yourself these questions
- Have you ever finished a grueling tormenting workout and decided to “reward” yourself with desert, french fries etc… ?
- Have you ever labored for what seemed like hours on a treadmill or bike and wondered “Is this what we were put here on earth to do?”
- Have you ever committed to an intense exercise routine only to see little to no results and just gave up totally only to start all over again months later?
- Ever felt even hungrier after a workout?
Now the picture starts to get clearer. Exercise is good but when it is misdirected towards the wrong goal it does more harm than good. Time Magazine seems to agree with me. Now lets really figure out why.
Any change of our habits requires will power. Losing weight means changing our habits and thus this taxes our will power.
We all have a limited amount of will power each and every day.
- Waking up in the morning requires will power.
- Making sure we eat breakfast requires will power (assuming we do not eat it usually)
- Going to work requires will power
- Tolerating all the nuisances we suffer through at work or at home requires will power
- Exercising after a hard day of work requires will power
- Not eating those chocolate cookies on the counter requires will power
The more we use the less we have, until we run out and just give in. When we use our will power to force ourselves to exercise we might at that point run out of will power and give in to bad eating habits, thus taking us two steps back.
You burn 300 calories at the gym but then eat a 400 calories muffin right afterward, all of which is stored as fat because it is late at night. Then two weeks later we wonder why all that exercise has done nothing and we get demoralized and give up, only to start again later and do the same thing. Sound familiar? We have all been there.
How do we fix this? It’s simple.
Stop exercising so you conserve your will power. Then use your willpower in the most effective way possible for losing weight!
LEARNING HOW TO EAT RIGHT!
But Wait, lets say you want to be buff and toned and have a sharp six pack, you’ve got to workout for that right? Yes, Yes you do need to work out for those things. You will begin exercising but first you must Learn how to eat properly. It is the foundation of all health and fitness. Once you see those abs popping out with the right nutrition alone, then you will naturally get excited to train and get them sharp and chiseled. The beautiful thing about this is, it won’t drain your will power.
What should exercise really be for?
My personal ideology is that training should only be to make you strong. That is the right mindset for a human being to have. It is a warrior mindset and it gets results. Men especially must have this mindset to lose weight because we have far less tolerance for boring activities that do not build physical image equity.
The Warrior Mindset
What I mean by “physical image equity” is this; tell a man he must do something each and every day just to maintain his current state, a state he is not happy with, and he will not be excited about it. Now give him an image of his best self, well toned and defined with more muscle, that excites a man! All men can testify to this, creating a new them, building up to it and seeing the results, being stronger! We guys love this.
Men, unlike women do not spend hours a day on just maintaining their appearance and beauty, thus we have less tolerance for this mode of thinking. Thus we guys must adopt the warrior mindset about exercise. It works for ladies as well.
The beautiful thing about all this is how it all works together.
- Learn how to eat right, see the weight disappear,
- Get excited about building a stronger more toned body with muscles you can actually see!
- Then watch as your nutrition gets even better out of sheer excitement for seeing those muscles more and more
- Then you begin to train even harder and maybe get into martial arts
- Then you begin to grow spiritually.
WOW. It took me over ten years to figure this all out. Have faith and just believe it and I swear to you, you will have the body you always dreamed of and it will be EASY!